January bus passes will be honoured for the beginning of February.
Students on Trillium Lakelands Routes 590, 592 and 594 - For inclement bus cancellation information, please refer to School News "BUSING - Students on Trillium Lakeland Buses"
For Important Dates about application deadline for the Integrated Arts program, please see School News in the right column.
EXAM DATES and INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS
Mon., Jan. 26th - Period 3 Exam
Tues., Jan. 27th - Period 4 Exam
Arrive at 8:45 to prepare for exam start at 9:00. All students must remain in class until 10:00. Some exams run until 11:00. Cafeteria is NOT open on the exam days.
1. The only valid reasons for missing an exam are serious illness, emergency operation, accident, or other crisis confirmed by “Administration.” Call the school immediately if you are prevented from writing an exam at 705-743-5230.
2. Check your exam timetable carefully. Make sure you know the time and place that each exam is being written. Exams will be supervised by your classroom teacher.
3. All TEXTBOOKS are to be returned at the time of your exam.
4. Bring extra pens and pencils. Exam aids, such as electronic calculators and dictionaries, are to be approved by the class teacher. Please bring any study material to your exam in your knapsack as you cannot go to your locker until 11:00 a.m. No cell phones.
5. Please enter any exam room quietly. Leave the exam paper face down until advised to begin. Before starting to write the exam, check to ensure that no pages are missing. Student conversation is not permitted during exams. Check that you are in the right place with the right exam, and then write your name on the exam and/or foolscap paper.
6. In order to ensure a quiet environment throughout the exam, the following guidelines are in effect:
a) If late, enter quietly.
b) If more than 15 minutes late, report to the Office.
c) You may not leave the exam room for the first 60 minutes.
d) Once you have left the exam please move to the library or cafeteria for quiet study.
e) If you have any questions or problems in the exam room, raise your hand. Do not ask your neighbour. Please ask the supervisor in a quiet voice so you will not disturb the other students.
7. If you require the support of the Resource room for your exams please make sure you have made arrangements with your classroom teacher and the resource room by January 9th.
8. Buses will leave at regularly scheduled times. Please make alternate arrangements for transportation if you wish to leave early.
9. If a student is found cheating, Administration and Teacher will review their exam and you may receive a mark of zero.
10. If there is inclement weather at any time during the exam schedule, exams will be moved ahead by one day. In the event of inclement weather, please listen to your local radio station and monitor the website www.stsco.ca for bus cancellations or delays.
11. You will note that exams begin January 22nd with period 1 (all grades). Please record you exam times on the chart on the reverse of this page.
Senior Girl's Basketball
The Peterborough Integrated Arts Program is delighted to present our new promotional video! It's still evolving .... more to come in the spring!
A BIG THANK YOU goes out to Integrated Arts graduate Ryan Shewell who filmed and edited the video and THANK YOU to Ms.Clarke for co-ordinating the filming days.The students were thrilled to be a part of the action. THANK YOU to the teachers for facilitating. Music credit ..... Rather Be by Clean Bandidt (instrumental version)
Congratulations to the Cross Country Running Team for great year!
Zimbabwe Fundraiser on Thursday June 19th
Parade Grand Champions
1960s Day at TAS! Mrs. Carey's Gr. 10 Canadian History class had a 1960s Day on June 10th. Students dressed in 1960s attire, and enjoyed some of the great food, games, and music of the decade. Everyone had a groovy time!
The Tulip Festival was a huge hit!! TAS received a standing ovation from a large crowd!!!
Congratulations to the TAS Wind Symphony for winning Gold at the Kiwanis Music Festival and being selected to represent Peterborough at the Provincials this May!
TAS students participated in an Outdoor Activity Day in what was to be a “farewell send-off” to winter. Events were organized and run by the Outdoor Leadership Class and included the 4-Way Tug of War, Scavenger Hunt Scrabble, European “Snow Ball”, and the Wintery Obstacle Course.
Outdoor Leadership Class (OLP) students received instruction from B!KE and Green-up on bike maintenance, repair and safety as they prepare to begin riding to Trent University for the next month during their fitness and wall-climbing unit.
TAS is VERY proud of the Media Team, and how a few members were featured in this month's SNAP'D Peterborough Paper.
Sunny, Baily, Branwen, Steven, Quin, Chris and Dalton are the TASSS Media Team
Congratulations to the Junior Boys Hockey team who reeled off 3 consecutive wins yesterday at the St. Peter's Classic to win the championship. Goaltenders Drew Hutchison and Billy Leahy shared a 5 to 0 shutout in game 1 over IE Weldon. Leahy was rock solid, picking up a 3 to 2 overtime win over Norwood in game 2, while Hutchison earned game MVP honours in the championship game, a 3 to 1 victory over Haliburton. The Griffins combined good defensive play with potent offense at the other end. Jarod Mayhew, Charles Cowie and Braden Little led the attack with 2 goals and 1 assist each, while Connor Harnden was the most generous Griffin, picking up 4 helpers. If you check out the team picture, you can easily see why TAS also won the award for the team with the "best flow" in the tournament.
TAS Drummers Play at Pete's Game Feb.27/14
Speed Skaters Marc Gagne, Kasey Hainer, Taylor Edmondson & Marj Tellis
TAS CELEBRATES STUDENT SUCCESSES WITH CELEBRATORY CAKES
Best of High School Art Award Winners
Sears Drama Regional Reps
On their way to OFSAA.
Cheer For the Cure Provincials Champions!
Cross Country Running
The junior girls team stood on the podium bringing home gold and bronze.
Congratulations COSSA Silver Medal Winners.
A D D I T I O N A L N E W S
CHEX TV Report on TAS Field Grand Opening - October 2, 2013
See the "Videos" Link in the left column.
TAS WELCOMES OUR NEW ADDITIONS!
A state of the art track and field plus beautiful new Tennis/Basketball Courts
Documents are in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. Click the logo below to obtain a free reader.
If you have difficulty opening any PDF file, try asking your browser to open it in a new window (in Windows, right click on the file and choose open in a new window).
New mental health slogan
KPR has a new slogan for its mental health initiatives: Minds Matter at KPRDSB. The slogan was chosen from among 203 entries submitted late last year by students, parents, guardians and staff from throughout KPR. R.F. Downey PS teacher Andrea Orbell subm
@kprdsb on Twitter
Interested in getting immediate, ongoing updates on latest news at the KPR school board? Check us out on Twitter @kprdsb